This slideshow module is using bootstrap's carousel as it's foundation and thanks to Heidi for starting me off in this area. There are two aspects to the module, you can either configure it to use all images in a selected folder or you can specify a category of articles to use the images set in each article to display.
Having had a few issues with conflict between bootstrap and mootools, a lot of help from Sergio has fixed this issue.
Click on the above link to download the module, save to your local machine and then install using the Joomla! installation process. Once installed, goto the modules listing and edit the parameters to suit your needs. Updates will use the Joomla! update system.
The options available are reasonably simple. Select folder or category which provides additional fields to set the folder from the dropdown list or select a category. Select the transition type, cycle time and file type so that only the files with that type (extension) will appear. An additional option of "Manual" shows a text field where you can enter subfolders as a direct link ie. . . images/slideshow/promotions.
Latest Update: 05 July 2019
- Upgraded ready for Joomla! 4.0 - this version will not work for J3.8 and below.
3.0 - 3.3
- Add field for manually entering a folder to get to sub folders
2.0 - 2.9
- Add fading as an option to sliding
1.8 - 2.0
- Fixed conflict issues thanks to Sergio
0.1 - 1.7
- Initial version for the code created by Heidi in her template
- extended to allow a selected folder to provide images